Monday, July 19, 2010

Tools for Triumph!


At first I was going to title this post, "Secrets to Success," but I figured that I would be a tad bit more creative with it....not TOO much more creative. I have the mother of all headaches (more on that later) so a tiny bit of alliteration is all I could manage. (I was also going to put a picture of "The Situation" under the heading "Tool #1, but the aforementioned headache prevented me from figuring out how.)

Tool #1
My Weight Watchers Journal.

Hidden inside this snazzy cover is both my 12 week Weight Watchers journal and and my weigh in "passbook" that I hand over every week at my WW meeting. Journalling works for me. I know that when I am diligent about writing down what goes into my mouth, I not only am (usually) successful on the scale, but I also FEEL in control of my eating. I know when I'm lacking in certain areas...when I'm eating too much...or not enough.

This being said...am I perfect at keeping my food journal. Nope...not really. There are days (primarily the weekend) when I don't journal at all and there are days when I stop writing after lunch. But, for me, this is about the process...about getting better, rather than being perfect all at once.

Tool #2


My 32 oz Nalgene Water Bottle
(BPA free thankyouverymuch!)

Drink water keeps things...ummm...moving. And when I'm drinking water, I am not drinking diet soda. (Coke Zero...oh how I miss you so.) I'm really bad about drinking my water in the winter, much better about drinking it in the summer months. Although I try to drink a majority of my water plain, I do use Crystal Light-ish packets. Right now I am LOVING the True Lemon raspberry lemonade packets. Not too much sweetness, just a little "oomph!"

Tool #3



My sneakers.
(In this case, my nasty Mizunos that are starting to spring a hole by my little toe. Be thankful that blogger does not have a smell-o-vision option)

Exercise is a huge part of my life now. Every morning I drag my ass out of bed at 4:45 to walk four miles with my mother. This takes us about an hour and centers my mind for the day. Later on in the day I have a second workout of the sweat dripping variety---P90X, kickboxing, running, TurboJam...anything to supplement the way I start my day.

(Side note on those Mizunos...I got them off of eBay--brand freaking new--for like $15. The seller had bought them without trying them on and they were too narrow. I saved like $100 because of this poor woman's mistake! It's worth your while to do a quick search if you are in the market for some new kicks. You never know what treasures you might find!)

3 comments:

  1. I love it!! where did you get that awesome notebook for ww? I would love one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was at our center a while ago, but then it was sold out. I'll check Saturday morning to see if they have them in again. I'd be happy to send one out to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it when I can get a great shoe steal thanks to ebay!!! It's how I got my beloved Mary Jane MBTs ... sadly those died a couple of months ago and I haven't been able to find a replacement pair ... but I keep scouring ebay hoping that just the right ones will reappear :)

    ReplyDelete